|Thank you all for such an incredible day. Customer Appreciation Day 2022 far exceeded our expectations and we are beyond grateful. So many of you showed up and supported us and it was so special to see everyone’s beautiful faces in one room and it meant the world to us.|
Everyone had such a good time, and we were BUSY! It was so wonderful having our Advanced Academy Artists taking blowouts all day and the entire team in for the day, loving on guests!
We raised $980 for the community, & with our contribution in mind, we have $1,960 to give back in the coming months. If you hear of anyone who might need a little extra support, whether it’s an emergency or someone who’s just a little down on their luck, please let us know by filling out the link in our Instagram bio and in this email. We wanted to tailor our contribution and support the people who live here more directly.
A line out the door at 3pm. If I’m completely honest, there was a part of me that was worried it would take a long time to get through those 15 gift bags. They were gone by 3:02. Thank you for showing up for us.
|1. FUR gift bag courtesy of Michelle Benjamin at Everything You Spa – Susan Hinesly|
2. Kérastase Genesis line – Brenda McDaniel
3. Oribe Côte d’Azur Body Wash, Créme, and travel size Hand Créme – Kellie Argoudelis
4. Oribe Beautiful Color shampoo & conditioner, Invisible Defense, Dry Texture – Ashley Xu
5. Kérastase Genesis Homme line – Brie Elliot Allsopp
6. Kérastase Curl Manifesto shampoo, conditioner, Creme de Jour, Curl Gelee – Laura R Martin
7. Oribe Signature shampoo, conditioner, Invisible Defense, Dry Texture – Kathy Micek
8. Oribe Côte d’Azur Hand Wash, Hand Scrub, Hand Creme, & the Fragrance Experience – Kelli Amentt
9. Kérastase Chroma Absolu – Babette Hiles
10. Kérastase Blond Absolu – Regina Dabbs
I was hoping we could announce we hit $1,000 in raffle tickets and raffle off two more surprise baskets by the end of the night, but we didn’t quite make it there! We are still FLOORED by your generosity and are so excited to share that we had two more gifts to give.
|Thank you all so much for your contribution to our fundraiser! It means so much to us to see how much you all love our community and trust us to help take care of the people in it!|
- Michelle Benjamin – for your contribution to our raffle and for your gorgeous sanctuary in the spa!
- Louis Faucheux at Kérastase, for contributing to the raffle, filling our space with balloons, and all of your support for making Guest Appreciation what it was! We couldn’t have accomplished what we did without your help!
- Anne Mathews at Oribe, for your contribution to the raffle and for gifting us with all the goodies in the 15 goodie bags!
- Trevor Jones, thanks for the cocktails! You are an artist & everything was delicious!
- Brittany at Everyday Collective Co! Your handmade jewelry and craft is absolutely incredible and everyone is in love with your pieces. We can’t wait to see your beautiful business grow! To our guests – make sure you keep an eye out for her next pop-up, she is incredible!
- Firedoll Studio for your genius and collaboration with us while we had lots of very nit-picky ideas and no clue how to execute them. You are the best in the business!!
- Thank you so much to Samantha at Wildflour Bakery. Not only were these the most gorgeous cookies ever, they were delicious and a total hit. We gave you a very loose idea of what we wanted, and you delivered something far beyond what we could have ever thought to ask for. Thank you!
- The team at Central Illinois Bakehouse completely wowed us with their breakfast treats yet again. Living next door to Pekara is a total win that we were not expecting with this location – we’d have these goodies here every day if we could!
- Alisa Hart, it is always so wonderful to share this space with you! The friendliest face to see out and about. Thank you so much for spending time with us on Guest Appreciation Day and for capturing moments we’ll cherish forever! Thank you for the reminder that chaos can be beautiful.
- Janie & Carmen, our incredible stylists and Leadership Directors who also double (triple?) as expert grazing table artists. Thank you so much for diving in to take on this task!
- Our Guest Happiness Team, running the desk and like running around like mad women. Thank you so much for welcoming our guests in!
- Jeff Baer, Mr. Something You, for moving cars around when we realized we were out of parking.
- Amanda, for Something You. I’ll leave it at that or else she’ll start crying.
- You. I’ll leave it at that or else I’ll start crying. You mean the world to me, and to our salon.
Yesterday was more successful than I could have ever asked for – and I don’t mean in numbers or spreadsheets, or dollar signs. The opportunity to see the ministry we’ve created is something we will never take for granted. Thank you for another Guest Appreciation Day.
Same time next year?
Here is the event preview if you missed it:
Your tried & true Gobena brews + morning treats from Central Illinois Bakehouse, charcuterie & crudités, & the cutest cookies courtesy of Wild Flour Bakes!
Our favorite local mixologist has created two cocktails & two mocktails for us to enjoy during the event, starting at 3pm!
From 3-7, swing by Everyday Collective’s permanent jewelry pop up shop! Small enough to make it through TSA, strong enough for everyday wear, and the kind of classic that withstands the trends of time. SPIN THE WHEEL is back! Oprah style, everyone gets to spin to win! Win bonus Treat Card points, Little Luxury services, and more! Starting at 3pm, the first 15 guests will receive a Choose Kindness canvas bag with goodies inside!
Raffle baskets every hour from 12pm to 7pm! Oribe, Kérastase, and Everything You Spa have donated luxury home care to raffle off at this year’s Guest Appreciation Day as part of Something You’s mission to give back to our community. Raffle tickets are on sale leading up to Guest Appreciation Day at $5 a ticket, or 5 tickets for $20! We will match up to $1,000 to pour back into the Central Illinois communities!
We’re embracing that the holidays should be about more than ways to save and focusing on loving on the people around us, however, we know that this time of year brings as many sales as it does twinkle lights and we’re not one to miss out on the fun. Instead of holiday sets on sale, we wanted to let our guests be as intentional as they wanted to with discounts across the board.
On Guest Appreciation Day only, all standard size Kérastase is Buy More Save More – 10% off one, 15% off two, and 20% off three or more! Liters are 15% off! Any home care purchase of $150 or more from Kérastase or Oribe will send you home with a Choose Kindness canvas bag! If you haven’t already seen them, our mission statement canvas bags offer more than an ecofriendly way to carry your groceries home – save on Kérastase & Oribe all 2023! Our Leave People Better Than You Found Them canvas bag will give you 10% off take home every time you swap our paper bags for your reusable bag in 2023! It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Guest Appreciation Day is the perfect chance to meet our newest Advanced Academy Artists, Payton & Rachel! They’ll be here all day offering $10 blowouts! Spots are limited, so reach out to our Guest Happiness Team to reserve your blowout!
Introducing, Kasie! Kasie is the latest magician – oops, esthetician – at Everything You Spa! Spend some time experiencing a glimpse of the famous Hydrafacial during the event, and welcome Kasie to the Something You crew!
We’re beyond grateful to bring back Guest Appreciation Day for the second time, this year with more love to share and ways to give back. We can’t wait to see you – save the date for November 29, 2022! Doors open at 8:30am and trust we will be bursting at the seams with joy and gratitude all day, but the party gets going at 3pm! Truly, thank you so much for another year to be thankful for. This is less of an event than it is an excuse to celebrate our amazing guests. You make our hearts so full!
We hope your holiday season is full of joy and thankfulness, and we hope to celebrate with you!